Declaring Advanced Standing

Please be advised that information regarding Advanced Standing applies to students who entered Harvard College prior to Fall 2020.  

Eligible students who decide to use Advanced Standing must apply for Advanced Standing during the third term before they intend to graduate or enter the master’s program. For most students, this occurs in their sophomore spring term. Students may not activate Advanced Standing before declaring a concentration. 

Once a student has spoken with their academic advisers and decided to activate Advanced Standing, they may complete the Activation Form and submit it to their House Dean's Office.

Once the activation form has been filed, the Registrar will formally transfer credit to the record of each Advanced Standing student.