In the 2021-22 academic year, the Office of Undergraduate Education will again fund innovative projects in pedagogy, course design, and undergraduate education. Departments and faculty are encouraged to think creatively to propose projects that will have a potentially transformative impact on undergraduate student learning. Priority will be given to projects that
· Impact a large population of students;
· Result in new courses or other long-term changes to the
· Address diversity and inclusion in the classroom.
We offer two categories of funding:
1) For proposals involving more than one course or that impact multiple departments, there is no maximum budget for projects the OUE is willing to contribute to. We are eager to work with you to help shape your project. Please contact Gillian Pierce, Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives (email@example.com) for a consultation.
2) For redesigning a single course, OUE normally allocates $3000 to cover the work of a graduate research assistant for 8-10 weeks and research materials. Higher levels of funding can be made available for more ambitious projects.
To apply for summer funding for fall courses, please fill out this brief form no later than 5 PM EST, June 16, 2021. If you have any questions or have a project you’d like to discuss before submitting a funding request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.